Diy Fall Decor For Your Home And Dollhouse

Hi! 

Are you as ready for fall and all of its cozy goodness like I am? Here in Florida we have to imagine  a bit because it doesn’t really start to feel like fall until November, at least not to this northerners satisfaction. I look forward to piles of leaves and cool mornings, smelling wood smoke and enjoying a hot mug of spiced cider on my back porch in the morning and wearing jeans, boots and sweaters without sweating. So today in honor of fall, even though I’m a bit early I’m sharing some simple diy touches that say autumn in a subtle, natural way to my living room as well as my dollhouse living room. That’s right! Life size and mini, fun right?



Because I don’t have lots of room to store seasonal decor I have a few mainstay pieces that I like to change through the seasons. A rusty, worn antique watering can is one of my absolute favorites to decorate with. You just can’t beat the nostalgia and patina! If you have a newer watering can or even a galvanized bucket you’ll get the same look.


 

Here’s what you’ll need:

One watering can or galvanized bucket

Branches ( I used oak)

Yup that’s it! Pretty simple right? Just shove your branches into your container and if it stands up nicely you’re good to go. If your branches need some support you can add any kind of ballast. A few rocks, sand, or even canned goods... whatever you can use to weight your container down will work just fine. Adjust your branches to your liking and that’s it! You're done! Stand back and admire your lovely fall decor!







 I placed my watering can and branches in my living room next to my sofa where I can enjoy them but really they’d be charming on an entryway table, as part of an Autumn tablescape , or just about anywhere! 

Next comes the cute little miniature version, because your dollhouse needs fall decor too! We’re literally just going to match the full sized one we just made. Go grab some twigs off a bush in your yard and a tiny watering can (available for purchase in my Etsy shop!) and you’re ready to make the mini version. You can use sand or rice if you need ballast, and arrange your twigs just so to emulate your real life sized one. Now pop it into your dollhouse and call it done! Here are some photos of how mine turned out. So sweet!





And here it is in my dollhouse!








What do you think? 

This is a super easy way to add a pretty farmhouse look for fall to your real life home as well as your dollhouse. I hope you try it! If you do this diy in life size or mini I’d love it if you’d tag me in your post! 

Have a lovely day, 

Jenna





Comments

Popular Posts